Sorry, no class is planned for 2016
.Workshop Photo Gallery
This is a 3 day class. Enrollment is limited to 8 students only.
The cost is $400.
Lunches are included. Camping on site is available and there are
also lots of campsites nearby on National Forest Lands. The nearest
lodging is in Helena, 30 minutes away.
Over the course of 3 days, the class learned many skills as we built a small cabin:
- Sawing: Learn how to safely and efficiently operate a
- Notching: You will learn how to use your jigs to cut perfect
- Rafters: How to layout and cut rafters and roof trusses.
- Window and Door cutouts. We'll cut these out after the logs
- Electrical Wiring
- Accommodating log settling/working with green logs.
- Chinking the log walls.
Not just a log building class but a vacation in
We are fortunate enough to live in the Rockies in beautiful York, Montana.There is so much
to do in this area:
- The Missouri river is just short drive away.
The fishing for trout and walleye is very good.
- In addition, there are miles of forest service roads for
you to explore on your 4 Wheeler or Mountain Bike,
- Hike up the Refrigerator Canyon, Hunters Gulch or any of
the other Forest Service trails around.
- View wildlife. It is common to see Mountain Goats, Elk and
We occasionally see Black Bears or even Mountain Lions!
- Even gold panning! Yes, this area of Montana is famous for